What is “Ad Quality Score?”
According to Google, Ad Quality Score is “a diagnostic tool meant to give you a sense of how well your ad quality compares to other advertisers. This score is measured on a scale from 1-10 and available at the keyword level.”
In an attempt to give the best search results possible, Google’s scoring makes sure that users are viewing ads relevant to their search.
How is Ad Quality Score Calculated?
Your Quality Score depends on multiple factors, including:
- Click-through rate (CTR)
- Relevance between keyword and ad group
- Landing page quality and relevance.
- Ad copy relevance
- Google Ads account performance.
How Does Ad Quality Score Affect Ad Performance?
Google wants to show users the most relevant ads possible. To achieve this, Google will examine the relevance between your keywords, ad groups, and the ad itself along with examining your landing page experience.
For example, if you are driving users to a landing page about boats with an ad focused on fishing, your ad quality score will be low. However, if you were to update your ad to focus on boats instead, you will see your quality score increase.
In short, the more relevance between your keywords, ad group, ad, and landing page, the higher your score will be.
How to Improve Your Ad Quality Score
To improve your score there are two main areas to focus your efforts: keywords and landing page experience.
- Start by organizing your keywords by relevance into ad groups that are more detailed and exact.
- Then, begin refining your ad text within those detailed groups to speak to the keywords included in the ad group.
- Once you have adjusted your keywords and ads, it is time to ensure that your landing page(s) speak exactly to the service or keyword(s) used in your ads.
Contact Tayloe\Gray for Assistance
Increasing your quality score can go a long way toward improving your overall PPC account performance, but it should not be considered the lone indicator of your account’s success.
If you are interested in improving your PPC campaigns, reach out to the friendly folks at Tayloe/Gray! Our team of digital marketing experts can help you increase your quality score, increase conversions, and bring costs down. Contact us today!